Eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus trees are large evergreen trees that grow up to 15 metres high and are sometimes also called gum trees. The main chemical constituents of Eucalyptus radiata are eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol.
This makes it ideal for a soothing massage and promotes relaxation. Eucalyptus has properties that can be beneficial for the skin.
The essential oil is used in mouthwashes to freshen the breath.
How to use the oil
- Mix a drop into your moisturiser to experience the invigorating effect when applied.
- Combine it with lemon and peppermint.
- Put a drop on cotton wool and place it in shoes, clothing compartments or other places, where unpleasant odours build up.
dōTERRA eucalyptus, 15 ml
- Description of fragrance: Camphor-like, light
- Extraction method: steam distillation
- Plant part: leaves/stems
- Main chemical constituents: Eucalyptol, Alpha-terpineo
Special features of the oil
- Promotes a feeling of relaxation
- Gives the feeling of free airways and carefree breathing
- On the skin:
For massage: mix 5 drops of oil with 10 ml of carrier oil.
For a bath: mix 5 drops of oil with 5 ml of carrier oil.
As a perfume: Mix 1 drop of oil with 10 drops of carrier oil.
Finally, an important note: May cause skin irritation. Keep out of reach of children. Pregnant women, nursing mothers or persons under medical treatment should consult their doctor before use. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ear and sensitive areas.
more essential oils
Copaiba Essential Oil Product description With copaiva oil, dōTERRA offers another excellent resin oil. Copaiva is extracted from copaiba trees in the Amazon rainforest. The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation from oleoresin, a substance composed of resin...
Cedarwood essential oilProduct description Cedar essential oil is characterised by its warm, woody scent. It has numerous health-promoting properties. The cedar is native to climatically cold areas and thrives at high altitudes. It can reach a height of up to 30...
Bergamot Essential OilProduct description Bergamot oil from the Italian coast of Calabria is one of the most unique citrus oils in the world. For years, Italians have used bergamot for countless purposes. For example, to rejuvenate the skin, relieve stress and much...